Monday, September 26, 2011

Yearbook Cover

This is the current yearbook from my old high school. My mom is the yearbook advisor there, so I found this laying around the house and thought it was a good example of graphic design. Every single book cover is an example of graphic design, and I figured yearbooks are no exception. Clearly its function is to show people all the events that happened during the school year, and the cover kind of gives an introduction to that. I like how it was designed this year, because "Post" has photos of students participating in different activities, like a bonfire, a football game, and the cheering section for the basketball teams. Plus the title stands out because the background is entirely black, which means all the words come to the foreground even more and generate interest in what other pictures are inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment