Monday, October 10, 2011

Mini Bowling Game

This is another picture I took at work, mostly because this particular design made me laugh. We sell these little toys and games behind the register at Claire's, and this one caught my eye. It's shaped like a bowling pin, which is fitting, and the colors are bright enough to capture the attention of its target audience--children. It's definitely not the best-designed thing I've ever seen, because it's kind of just a mish-mash of color, type, and images, and it's really kind of cheesey looking. A lot more (or, probably, less) could be done to make it look a little neater, but I guess overall it really serves its function of attracting kids to it.

But what really makes me giggle, though, is that this game came from China--and clearly something got lost in translation. Take a look at the caption in blue type near the top of the packaging: "Simulating the true styles and making carefully!"

No comments:

Post a Comment